City of Music presents: Bowery
We’re so happy to share our performance of “Bowery” that we did for the City of Music series on pitchforkTV. Big thanks to Dan Huiting and his crew for bringing this to life, and a special thanks to the dancers, they were awesome. Enjoy
Crown Braid Chignon Tutorial
1. French braid front section of hair from one ear to the other. Leave end of braid out until Step 7.
2. Take the top section of hair, tease it and pin securely with bobby pins creating a half up – half down look.
3. Then starting on one side of the hair take a section of hair, twist it and bring it the opposite side and pin it with bobby pins. Make sure to cover the previously secured bobby pins from Step 1.
4. + 5. Then take the remaining “tail” from the section of hair just pinned with an additional section of hair, creating one section of hair, twist and bring it the opposite side and pin securely with bobby pins directly under the previous twist.
6. Repeat the process until there is no longer any more sections on either side and you are left with just the “tails”.
7. + 8. Pin the remaining “tails” by twisting and overlapping, mimicking the overlap twist look.
9. + 10. After all hair is twisted and pinned, bring the braid into the back and secure with bobby pins. Making the “tail” of the braid mimic the already pinned twists.
11. After all is hair and braid is pinned securely, gently tug at hair creating a looser more full look.
I’m usually not a big fan of having my hair up, but this is really pretty and I think I could actually pull it off. Plus I have super long hair that would be perfect for it! :)